Posted on 08/28/2017 13:14:03
How to Score 7 Bands in IELTS
IELTS, a highly renowned and globally acceptable English proficiency test is the parameter used to analyze the skills of a person in English language. We are very well aware of the fact that anyone who wishes to stay, work or study in a foreign nation which majorly involves English in all scenarios, has to prove his/her proficiency in the language by passing out the IELTS exam with good scores. And, obviously, more good scores will grab more assets for you in terms of excellent courses, reputed colleges and universities, highly paying job opportunities, comfort stay and so on.
It is no doubt that everyone tries the best of their abilities to secure their future by scoring high grades but one or other loophole creates a hurdle. Majorly talking about students, it is evident that most of them reach up to 6 to 6.5 bands in the IELTS exam, but improving their scores at times become very difficult for them. It is just like a vicious circle. In case, if you believe that more the number of attempts, more will be the mastery, well not really. You actually need to change your approach and perception towards the IELTS exam.
It is no wonder that a 7 band score is a dream for many and undoubtedly is a bit tough too. However, nothing pursued with conviction and competence fails. Therefore, even you can score the most desired 7 bands or even more by following the below strategy which varies as per the different sections of the IELTS exam:
- You should be able to conclude what has been said in precise details.
- Try to write down the main points and listen carefully.
- Be fully aware about any kind of changes whether grammatical or so on.
- Chalk out the markers and listen them well so that you don’t miss out the appropriate locations and queries.
- Listen fully, understand well, read carefully and write neatly and that too in one go.
- It is better to have a rich vocabulary so that recognizing synonyms becomes easy.
- Once exact information has been refined, sequentially mention your answers.
- Try to grab everything in English especially the working style of Linguistic devices in order to settle the questions and answers well.
- Always speed up once you heard everything clearly so that you can finish on time easily.
- Use the right keywords in order to differentiate the wrong and right positions for the usage.
- Be quick and responsive in planning out efficiently and effectively.
- Feel the writing before you write it.
- Keep a 7 band goal in your mind, that is the way you will write smart and well.
- Equip yourself with full knowledge about academic and formal writing which encapsulates high grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
- Be variant in nature as this will help you have a wide range of word collection which is essential for formal written work.
- Always feel free and confident about the speaking section.
- The more you will be your smart self, the more you will be able to speak on a range of topics.
- Present yourself well to demonstrate your language and knowledge base.
- Be prepared to frame precise talks easily and that too with quick delivery throughput .
- Make sure to use excellent grammatical assets such as various tenses, verbs, idioms, proverbs and so on in response to examiner’s queries
- Use time well – tune listening and framing at the same time
Undoubtedly, above all tactics will help greatly in achieving your desired goal. It is no wonder that we already have the skills in our mind; the only issue is to implement it in respect to a language which is globally acceptable, that is, English. Surprisingly, these are the methods which will eventually help you to obtain 7 band score in IELTS.
More importantly, we can say that failure is not final. So, in case, if you still not able to manage the desired score in the test, don’t lose the battle. The ground belongs to you only. The one thing which you need to learn is a strong dedication and an intelligent approach towards the IELTS exam.
Remember, this test is not conducted to break you, but to make you skilled and capable for your upcoming new world in a foreign nation. Hence, take things in your stride by counting each step positively in the direction of 7 band score. Victory will definitely be yours.